Saturday 8 October 2011

Vintage flux


Some words that come to mind from the word Vintage. 
Classical
Floral 
Old/worn/outdated
Victorian


I started of by researching Typefaces that looked vintage using the ones on my mac and on dafont. I looked for a serif old fashioned style lettering and traced them from the screen.

When I'd found a font that I think best suited its purpose and style I traced it onto a piece of paper and tea stained it then slightly burned the edges so that it looked old and vintage.

I also think that floral patterns have quite a vintage element to them so I took photo's of some floral patterns on my clothes and around my house.

Image from a prospectus from
Nottingham trent University
that I had on my wall.

  


Above are some scans of patterns in my clothes 

No comments:

Post a Comment